Skip to content
- What have you learned about Mrs Johnstone’s life based on the song she sings at the beginning of the play?
- Research Marilyn Monroe and write down five pieces of information about her to share with the class.
- What does the narrator tell us about the play at the beginning? Why does he do this?
- How do we know that life is difficult for the Johnstones? Explain with reference to the play.
- How does Mrs Johnstone react when Mrs Lyons puts the shoes on the table? Why?
- Do you believe in superstitions? If so, which ones do you believe in?
- According to the song that they both sing, what could Mrs Lyons offer the new baby?
- Do you think that she should give one of her babies away? Why/Why not?