Skip to content
- What does Mrs Lyons offer Mrs Johnstone to make her agree to the arrangement?
- What type of atmosphere does the narrator create when he comes on stage? What does this do to the audience? Why do you think the playwright decided to do this?
- Why do you think that Mrs Lyons forces Mrs Johnstone to swear on the bible? What does it show about Mrs Lyons?
- Why are the men taking away the items from Mrs Johnstone’s house? Why do you think that she keeps buying things she can’t afford?
- What does Mrs Johnstone tell the other kids about the missing twin?
- Why does Mrs Lyons go back on her word about Mrs Johnstone being able to see the baby every day?
- What does Mrs Lyons tell Mrs Johnstone about the boys finding out they are brothers? Why do you think Mrs Johnstone believes her?
- Imagine you are Mrs Johnstone, write a diary entry when you get home, explaining how you feel about today’s events.